As an industry leader in metal recycling, Tal Metal offers free scrap metal pick up and drop off services at our scrap yard in Toronto. We specialize in scrap metal recycling, offering our customers pickup services at no extra charge – it’s a service that’s unique to Tal Metal. The pickup service makes for greater convenience if you’re in the process of collecting scrap metal.
Commercial and industrial often ask us about scrap metal recycling. What is scrap metal? How is the scrap processed? The fact is, scrap metal recycling helps us all – by recovering and processing waste metal that would otherwise be going to landfill.
Take Advantage of Free Scrap Metal Pick Up
The primary benefit of recycling metal is the new raw material that is produced – material that is then used to create many new products. For the most part, metal can be recycled repeatedly, with little degradation of its original properties. Using recycled metals for new products makes the overall production carbon footprint lower.
Tal Metal provides free scrap metal pick up for industrial and commercial customers. Our staff is experienced and reliable – we will remove your scrap metal at your convenience and guarantee a clean and orderly process. We promise to arrive on time with equipment that ensures comprehensive pickup and collection. As a leader in metal recycling, Tal Metal has a strong commitment to the environment. We implement best practices in every aspect of our business and make every effort to conduct business safely.
Benefits of Scrap Metal Recycling
- Remove Unwanted Scrap Metal: Whether you’re a business owner or employee who works with all types of metals, you likely have extra scrap lying around that would otherwise end up in a landfill. Instead of throwing out scrap metal, it’s essential to drop it off or get scrap metal pick up in Toronto. Look for copper tubing, copper wires, brass, and more to earn money on your scrap. You can either visit Tal Metal’s scrap yard for drop off services or choose to get it picked up, allowing for bin rentals and assistance.
- Earn Money: Collecting your unwanted scrap metals can make a decent amount of money in return. From ferrous to non-ferrous metals, you can make some extra cash by collecting and getting scrap pickup or drop off services. The more valuable the metal, the more money you’ll receive. For valuable metals, be on the lookout for aluminum, copper, and brass metal scraps.
- Environmentally Friendly: Not only does scrap metal pick up in Toronto allow for extra cash flow, but it’s an environmentally friendly practice that can aid in reducing the number of greenhouse gasses emitted.
- Get Rid of Clutter: Are you tired of clutter filling your basement, garage, or storage room? With scrap pickup from the professionals at Tal Metal, you can get rid of excess clutter while earning cash and helping the environment. If you have aluminum pots and pans, brass plumbing, fan motors, electronic transformers, backup batteries, or furniture containing steel, aluminum, or iron, reach out to Tal Metal for scrap metal pick up services.
Contact our professionals today.
What Scrap Metals Are Valuable?
While everyone has scrap metal, there are times when substantial quantities are available. With free scrap metal pick up in Vaughan and the Greater Toronto Area, Tal Metal makes it easy to collect and assemble your metal waste.
- Copper: Copper is the most common metal in a home. It’s also one of the most in-demand for recycling. From copper piping to copper hardware to wires, it’s likely that you have scrap copper that could be worth some money.
- Brass: Many products contain brass, and many are trashed without being recycled. Brass is quite heavy and most commonly found in plumbing fittings, door handles, door knockers, and bed frames.
- Aluminum: Scrap aluminum is commonly used in manufacturing, and many items contain valuable aluminum. Between car parts, window frames, and old bicycles, some of these items contain very high amounts of aluminum.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is very commonly used. The good thing about stainless steel is that it contains metals chromium, nickel, and even iron. Prices will vary depending on the grade of stainless steel scrap.
Whatever scrap you decide to collect, you can take advantage of our free scrap metal pick up and drop off services in Vaughan and the Greater Toronto Area. Depending on quantities and material quality, your scrap metal could be worth a good amount of money. You can rely on Tal Metal for the best possible pricing.
The Scrap Metal Recycling Process
Without getting overly technical, the process of metal recycling incorporates a few different steps – collection, sorting, shredding, melting, and remanufacturing.
Mass collection of scrap metal is the first step in the process and would include both industrial and commercial sources. When the demand for scrap metal is high, prices are also high. Once collected, the scrap metal is processed–first crushed and then shredded.
Shredded materials are magnetically separated into ferrous metals (containing iron) and non-ferrous metals (without iron). Other impurities are removed from non-metallic materials (paint or plastic). The idea is to isolate the purest possible form of any particular scrap metal.
Large furnaces are used to melt and further purify each specific metal at the melting stage. The idea at this stage is to ensure the highest quality end product. This new “raw material” will be used to re-manufacture new products containing high-quality recycled metal.