If you’re interested in putting more focus on aluminum recycling, you’ll find a lot of material in and around the house. For a typical homeowner, aluminum recycling can be an easy source of extra cash, but for those who want to get serious about collection, the cash can be substantial.
Earn Money with Recyclable Aluminum Materials around Your House
- Probably the most common waste aluminum is from beverage cans – pop cans, beer cans, and even food cans.
- In the garage and garden, you’ll find aluminum in a wide range of products that you might be tossing out - garden chairs, window frames, eavestrough, and even old computer components.
- For the more serious collector, commercial garages are always dumping waste aluminum. This is a good source for scrap aluminum metal, and can be quite profitable with a high enough volume.
- Another excellent source of waste aluminum is exterior siding panels. These are removed during a home renovation and can quickly add up in weight. Even after transport, there is good money.
- Finally, if you have the tools and the understanding, it’s possible to separate valuable aluminum from the larger household items such as bicycles, scooters, wheelchairs, and electronic components.
A Step-By-Step Process For Aluminum Recycling
Aluminum is the ideal metal for recycling and remanufacturing. Waste aluminum has great value and the recycling process is extremely cost-effective. In fact, recovered aluminum accounts for a very high percentage of newly produced material (especially in remanufactured beverage cans).
Aluminum materials do not degrade during the recycling process. Aluminum retains its integrity, and unlike some other metals, the physical structure of aluminum doesn’t change during melting. As well, recycled aluminum needs only 5% of the energy compared to producing new aluminum.
The process of aluminum recycling is a win-win for both consumers and businesses. The waste is efficiently remanufactured. Raw, virgin materials are preserved. Toxic industrial emissions are reduced. Significant amounts of energy are conserved. And the environment is further protected.
There are Many Benefits to Aluminum Recycling
Worldwide, aluminum is considered to be the most recyclable of all metals. The biggest benefit of recycling aluminum is that the material can be recycled endlessly. From end to end, the process preserves virgin materials, while conserving natural resources like water, coal, and limestone.
Overall, recycling aluminum (instead of dumping) reduces greenhouse gas emissions. Of course, by recycling, tons and tons of waste aluminum are redirected from landfill sites. On the downside, consumers and businesses still have quite a long way to go in dumping less and recycling more.
Using Tal Metal Inc. for Your Scrap Metal Recycling
The professionals at Tal Metal Inc. are the experts in metal recycling, collecting and recycling non-ferrous metals like aluminum and aluminum alloys. From domestic household aluminum scrap to high volumes of manufacturing waste, we offer homeowners and businesses competitive prices.
Tal Metal Inc. operates on three fundamental principles – a commitment to the client; a promise of satisfactory service; and an emphasis on business trust. If you’re interested in metal recycling, send us a message or call one of our recycling specialists at 905-660-7081.